CHICAGO WORKERS’ COMPENSATION ATTORNEY
Going to work – full-time or part-time – should not be seen as taking a risk and an activity that puts you in danger. For many American employees, however, commonplace negligence from their co-workers and a lack of standards from their employers presents hazards on a daily basis. When safety is not a primary concern and dangers are left unattended, on-the-job accidents are more likely to occur.
Many people do not fully understand what constitutes a workplace injury, though, and are not sure if they can file a claim for what happened to them. Others still are hesitant to speak up out of fear of retaliation from their boss. At Boudreau & Nisivaco, LLC, our Chicago workers’ compensation lawyers firmly believe that no one should have to suffer in silence, especially due to intimidation or a lack of information. We are always ready and willing to fight for the working American in need.
CALL OUR INJURY LAWYERS TO GET STARTED TODAY!
VARIOUS FORMS OF ON-THE-JOB INJURIES
The important thing to realize is that if you were hurt while performing your job functions, you probably have a workers’ compensation claim, and that you are protected by whistleblower laws. You should never hesitate to take action because you are not sure of what to do next. To make things clearer for our clients, we have compiled a comprehensive list of some of the most common preventable workplace injuries.
- Machine entanglement: Inappropriately dangerous machines of all sorts – manufacturing equipment, balers, floor sweepers, etc. – pose a real threat to American workers, especially when proper safety training or maintenance has not been conducted.
- Car accidents: If your job requires you to drive from place to place for any reason – even a quick run to the store for more office supplies – and you get into an accident, you probably qualify for workers’ comp.
- Repetitive motion injuries: Doing the same thing again and again can lead to deterioration of joints and chronic pain; the most commonly overlooked repetitive motion injury is carpal tunnel syndrome caused by hours of typing and computer use.
- Falling objects: Retail or warehouse work is common in the United States, as are injuries related to falling objects and unsecured items in upper storage areas.
- Slip & fall: Slippery floors with no warning signs or damaged handrails near stairs are extremely common. Just because you work at the location that caused your slip & fall injury does not mean you are exempt from seeking compensation.
- Violent acts: Serious injuries directly tied to attacks at your workplace could be placed at your employer’s feet for not providing adequate security measures.
EVEN THE SCALES WITH OUR PROFESSIONAL ASSISTANCE
Perhaps the worst part about workplace injuries is knowing that you need to go up against your own employer to get compensation. They might resist whatever actions you take and enlist a team of attorneys to shut down your claims. The right course of action could be to put even more power in your own corner by retaining a Chicago personal injury attorney from our firm.
People have to trust our legal counsel due to our many accolades and accomplishments: